Vet visits, moving homes, fireworks, other animals, and more can all play a part in causing our cats to be stressed out. It’s hard to see our furbabies worried, which is why us pet parents will do just about anything to help them feel better. One of the best options I have found for helping relieve my cat’s stress is Jackson Galaxy’s Stress Stopper Solution.
A Natural Holistic Calming Spray for Cats
If you’re a cat purrson, you have heard about Jackson Galaxy. Cat behaviorist, author, YouTuber, and host of Animal Planet’s My Cat From Hell, Jackson has dedicated his life to helping improve the lives of cats and their guardians. That includes creating his line of Holistic Solutions.
One of the most popular solutions in his lineup that “helps with health and behavioral issues” facing our pets is the Stress Stopper formula. Made to help ease pet stress, the formula can be dispensed as drops or a spray.
Personally—or should I say purr-sonally—I chose to try out Jackson’s Stress Stopper when my cats were showing signs of ongoing stress. Belle specifically was always on-edge after holiday fireworks in the neighborhood, and I wanted to find a natural, gentle way to help her feel better. In the past, when my senior cat Snickers was sick, I had tried different (cheaper) calming sprays and pheromones to help her out—all of which didn’t work. This time around, I opted for Jackson’s product.
And oh, how glad I am that I did!
How to Use It
The Stress Stopper Solution is incredibly easy to use. Simply follow the steps outlined by the company:
- “Wake up” the formula by tapping the bottom of the bottle about 5 times.
- Put 3-5 drops on your pet’s fur 3-4 times per day.
- Or place 3-5 drops in their food or water. Be sure to add new drops when water is changed.
- Or mist your pet’s favorite spot 3-4 times each day.
For me, I love using the mist/spray feature. When the cats are feeling stressed or I know a trigger will occur, I give their favorite beds a spray. This helps establish a safe, calm space for them to be.
It’s important to note that the brand states “some pets respond after the first dose, while others have taken up to 8 weeks.” In our case, Rainbow responded immediately while Belle took a few days before having any kind of reaction.
Pros of Jackson Galaxy’s Stress Stopper Solution
Now, let’s get into what I love about this particular calming spray.
- Subtle, floral scent. Unlike other calming sprays or plug in pheromone diffusers, Stress Stopper has a very subtle floral scent. I can smell it right after misting, and that’s about it. Rainbow loves the smell, too—it always gets her nose going and happy!
- Curated by trusted experts. I trust Jackson Galaxy and his decades of experience listening and responding to cats. The team he assembled to create this product truly knows what they are doing, and it shows.
- It seriously works! I’m not kitten when I say this solution is nothing short of a miracle. When my cats have minor stressors, a couple mists of Stress Stopper help to calm them down instantly. It makes them—and me!—feel better.
Cons of Jackson Galaxy’s Stress Stopper Solution
To be honest, there isn’t much I don’t love about this product. However, there are a couple of things you need to consider before making your purchase:
- Small bottle. Although a little does go a long way, the solution comes in a small bottle that is fairly expensive.
- Slow shipping. Even if you order through Amazon, shipping for this product takes about a week. Be sure to plan ahead if you know your cat will be stressed out, like for the Fourth of July, a move, or a new pet being adopted into the family.
Keeping Your Cat Calm
Jackson Galaxy’s Stress Stopper is a great supplement to the things you should already be doing to help keep your cat calm during stressful situations. It shouldn’t be relied on as your only answer to cat stress, and should be paired with other behavioral commitments like sticking to a routine, playing with your cat regularly, and maintaining a calm household.
If your cat is experiencing stress or other behavioral or physical health problems, please visit your vet before making any changes or introducing new products to them. Your vet will be the one who can give you the best advice, assess them for any ailments, and create a plan for helping your kitty have a happy and healthy life.
I know a lot about cats, but I’m not a veterinarian. Please don’t take any of the statements I give as medical advice and do always consult your trusted vet, especially if your cat is experiencing behavioral or physical challenges.